Thursday 4 November 2010

Quoth the Scotsman: Joe Abercrombie on The Times

A couple of caveats to bear in mind before we start. Unless otherwise indicated, none of the quotes quoted in the following article are representative of the beliefs of the person in question quoted nor those the person quoting the person in question. Additionally, any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental... or so I'm saying.

In short, Quoth the Scotsman is just a space here on TSS for me to post neat quotes as and when I come across them. Simple. As. That.

***
 
There's this book coming out in January, you might have heard of it: The Heroes, by a little-known author who calls himself Joe Abercrombie. I reviewed one of his more obscure works - Best Served Cold - back when The Speculative Scotsman was but a bittersweet twinkle in my eye. It wasn't my favourite of his fictions, but nevertheless, I did quite enjoy it.


...enough to have just about exploded when my galley of The Heroes arrived a wee while back, that is. So. Let's get us a little quote from that on the go, shall we?



From The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie
Coming in January from Gollancz

"People are apt to get all misty-eyed over how things used to be. Age o' heroes and all. Well, I remember the old way. I was there, and it was no different to the new [...] It's the winners sing the songs. And they can pick what tune they please." (p.636)

No comments:

Post a Comment